It’s time for a “Mean Girls” Movie Themed Bridal Shower (or Girls’ Night In):
Ideally October 3rd.
Aaron Samuels asks Cady What day it was, and she replied, “It’s October 3rd.”
Making October 3rd, the unofficial, official Mean Girls Movie Day.
Because you love the movie and are obsessed with it
“We wear Pinktinis”
1 Bottled of Pink Moscato
6 cups of Pink Lemonade
1/4 cup Strawberry Vodka
- Mix, this serves well from a drink dispenser.
- Don’t forget the Martini Glasses rimmed in pink sugar.
- To rim the glass: Use lemon wedge and wipe around rim, dip down onto pink sugar crystal on a paper plate.
- Have glasses ready and lined up on table next to beverage dispenser so guests can serve themselves.
I’m thinking you’ve got to go with pink!
or you could have guests come dressed as their fav character
Army pants and flip flops anyone?
Purple bra, white tank top?
Prize for best costume!
Favors for guests/Prizes for Best Costume?
- Santa Hats (seasonal item-so you have to plan ahead for these, available at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 each)
- Peppermint Foot Cream
- Tiaras (you can order from Oriental Trading)
- Their own copy of the movie
- Taco Bell gift cards
- Check out these adorable buttons, inexpensive, so cute. They are shipping from Texas, so allow enough time for her to make them and ship them.
My Favorite is…
Movie & Snacks?
Of course you have to do a screening of the movie.
Don’t forget popcorn & candy.
- Have a candy buffet with all pink candies and treats.
- From the Dayton area: Call over to What’s Popping at Towne & Country Shopping Center and order butter glazed popcorn in pink. Give them 5 days notice and you have to order at least the 10 lb. bag for a custom order color. 937-535-2676 www.whatspoppindayton.com
- Go see my friends over at Special Occasions Party Supplywww.specialoccasionsparty.com 937-293-3300 on Stroop Road in Kettering
- They have pink plates & pink napkins. You can also purchase the individual colors of M-n-M’s and Jelly Belly jellybeans in of course PINK! Check out their website for coupons!
Maybe a “Make your Own Cheese Fries” Station:
French Fries with toppings:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded swiss cheese
- melty queso
- bacon crumbles
- diced onions
- red pepper flakes
- Sriracha Sauce
Caesar Salad anyone? A cake filled with rainbows?
- Pink linens
- Pink Napkins
- Centerpiece Idea: Framed Photo/Quote from the movie, Tiara
- OhHeyStickerCo on Etsy. Adorable stickers with quotes for the movie.
- Spray paint a pumpkin pink, add stickers or add “animal ear headband” or make ears and add to
- “jack-o-lantern…mouse, cat, etc.
- Why a pumpkin? It’s October, it’s fall, they are readily available, there was a Halloween scene in the movie, plus you can turn them into the sexy Halloween animals (make one a sexy black kitty, one a sexy gray mouse, one a sexy white bunny)
You always need at least 1 game at a shower.
Fill the Blanks with these Mean Girls Quotes:
1. “Gretchen, stop trying to make _______ happen.”
2. “Everyone in Africa can read ___________.”
3. “There’s a 30% chance it’s already __________.”
4. “Is _________ a carb?”
5. “Don’t have sex, because you will get pregnant and __________.”
6. “I’m not a regular mom. I’m a _____________ mom.”
7. “I saw Cady Heron wearing ___________ pants and flip flops.”
8. “Your face smells like _______________.”
9. “I wish I could bake a ___________ filled with ___________ and smiles.”
10. “On Wednesday we wear __________.”
11. “That’s why her _________is so big, it’s full of secrets.”
12. “Your mom’s ___________ hair.”
13. “We should just stab _______.”
14. “I mean that’s just like the rules of _________________.”
15. “Oh my God, ___________ _____________ I love your work.”
16. “My father, the ______________ of toaster streudel…”
17. “You can’t ____________ with us.”
18. “I don’t hate you because you’re __________, you’re ___________ because I hate you.”
19. “I’m a ___________, duh.”
20. “Yeah, moderately priced _________ are my calling.”
21. “I was half a _________ when I met him.”
22. “The ___________does not exist.”
23. “I really want to lose ________ pounds.”
24. “You could try _________________.”
25. “You go , __________ ______________.”
Bonus: What the new word Cady accidentally created when she was nervous and talking with Aaron? _____________