Planning a bridal shower? A beautiful and elegant theme is “Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Think diamonds, pearls, little black dresses, martini glasses, and of course the iconic robin egg blue Tiffany’s box.
*Encourage guests to wear Little Black Dresses, just like Audrey Hepburn
*As guests arrive, hand out black sunglasses, tiaras, and pearl bead necklaces. Both of these can be purchased inexpensively and in bulk at www.orientaltrading.com or www.rinovelty.com
“Thank-you” Shower Favors:
*Martini Glass filled with Tiffany blue candies (M-n-M’s or Jelly Belly jelly beans), place a cello bag over the top
of the martini glass and cinch around the stem and tie with a blue ribbon. These candies are available locally at Special Occasions Party Supply on Stroop Road in Kettering. Regardless of your event theme, you can find all the colors of these candies sold individually at this great store.
Go for the Tiffany Blue tablecloths in satin for an elegant look. Visit Prime Time Party Rental and ask for Aqua in the Matte Satin. Add a white satin runner which will look like the white ribbon traditionally tied around the box
5 foot round tables-seat 8 guests
-120″ linens will hang to the ground
-90″ linens will be lap length
90″x132″ banquet linens will fit a 6 foot banquet (rectangle) table
90″x156″ banquet linens will fit an 8 foot banquet (rectangle) table
Don’t forget white matte satin linen napkins. Add a “diamond” napkin ring for some bling!
*Square Vase, filled with “diamond” scatter and white hydrangeas
*Stack of 3 Tiffany boxes (you can find plain wrapping paper in the robin egg blue and wrap 3 boxes), tie with white ribbon.
*Over sized Martini Glass, filled with “diamond” scatter, draped in pearl beads, with a Tiffany box in the center of the glass. Don’t have real Tiffany jewelry boxes? These can be ordered from www.orientaltrading.com or purchased locally at Special Occasions Party Supply. Don’t forget to tie a white satin or organza ribbon around the blue box.
Well…since your theme is Breakfast at Tiffany’s…breakfast/brunch fare sounds delicious!
- Quiche or Breakfast Casseroles
- Fruit Kabobs
- Scones with homemade whipped cream
- Build-Your-Own Omelet station
- Belgian waffle & toppings station
- Create-a-Yogurt-Parfait Station.
There are some fantastic lines/quotes from Breakfast at Tiffany’s that you can print or mount on Tiffany Blue scrapbook paper and frame them to add to the buffet or as decor around the party area. Try to find frames with pearls or diamonds.
- *”Of course, Personally, I think it’d be tacky to wear diamonds before I’m forty.”
- *”A girl can’t read that sort of thing without her lipstick.”
- *”Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?”
- *”It’s a mistake you always make, trying to love a wild thing.”
- *”I don’t think I’ve ever drunk champagne before breakfast before. With breakfast on several occasions, but NEVER before, before!”
- *”On this day 175 years ago, Mr. Tiffany opened the store of his dreams and gave the world something to dream about.”
- “I am a very stylish girl.”
- “People do fall in love.”
- “People do belong to each other.”
- “You can always tell what kind of person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.”
- “Do they still really have prizes in the Cracker Jack boxes?”
- “I’m gonna march you to the zoo and feed you to the yak!”
- “I’m just CRAZY about Tiffany’s!”
- “Tough beans Buddy, cause that’s the way it’s gonna be!”
- “There you are, you Sneak.”